Our school meals are provided by Chartwells and children are encouraged to have a healthy hot school meal at lunchtime. All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free school dinner under the Universal Free School Meals initiative.
Payment system for meals
School meals cost £2.30 per day and must be paid for in advance via ParentPay. If you need a login letter, please ask at the office. Minimum payment for school meals is £11.50, unless paying for the Christmas lunch.
Children must have money in their account in order to have a school lunch. If your child's account goes into debt, you will be asked to provide a packed lunch until payment is made.
You maybe entitled to Free School Meals
If you are receiving
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Child Tax Credit, but not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) of no more than £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- or are being supported by the National Asylum Support Service (NASS)
Children not wishing to have a school meal can bring a healthy packed lunch in an appropriate lunchbox. For packed lunch ideas please visit the Change4Life website. Public Health laws suggest that yoghurts should be served straight from a refrigerator to avoid the risk of food poisoning so we ask that yoghurts are not included in your child’s lunch.
Should you wish your child to change from packed lunch to a school meal or vice versa please give two weeks notice to the office.